31) Which of the following made available the union or
31) Which of the following is made available the union or union organizers by the regional director?
A) The Excelsior list
B) The Union list
C) The Regional list
D) The Essential list
32) Which of the following unions has the highest number of members?
A) The Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
B) The United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW)
C) The American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME)
D) The National Education Association (NEA)
33) Which of the following does Section 8(a)(1) of the NLRA prohibit?
A) It prohibits forcing the employer to discriminate against employees on the basis of union or antiunion activity.
B) It prohibits the failure to engage in good-faith collective bargaining with the employer
C) It prohibits employer interference with, restraint of, or coercion of employees in the exercise of their Section 7 rights.
D) It prohibits picketing for recognition or to force collective bargaining under certain circumstances.
34) Threats of reprisals that constitute unfair labor practices include all of the following EXCEPT which one?
A) Threats to close a plant if the employees organize
B) Threats to prohibit union solicitation during work time
C) Threats to discharge union sympathizers
D) Threats to discontinue present employee benefits, such as coffee breaks or employee discounts
35) During non-work time, such as coffee breaks and lunch, employers may prohibit organizing activities for all of the following purposes EXCEPT which one?
A) To thwart organizing activities
B) For legitimate safety reasons
C) For efficiency reasons
D) All organizing activities may be prohibited during non work time regardless of the purpose of the activity.
36) Which of the following cases illustrates an employer's engaging in unfair labor practices during an organizing campaign?
A) Gaetano & Associates, Inc. v. National Labor Relations Board
B) Progressive Electric, Inc. v. National Labor Relations Board
C) Brown University and International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace and Agricultural Implement Workers of America, UAW, AFL-CIO, Petitioner
D) NLRB v. Kentucky River Community Care, Inc.
37) Which of the following refers to when to a union dominated by an employer "may never again represent those employees?"
38) Which of the following occurs when a union is unlawfully supported by an employer?
39) Many commentators from both business and academia have cited which of the following as being at least partially responsible for productivity problems in many industries?
A) The traditional close-tie relationship between labor and management
B) The traditional student-teacher relationship between labor and management
C) The traditional adversarial relationship between labor and management
D) The traditional paternal relationship between labor and management
40) Which of the following provides a forum in which workers can communicate directly with upper management?
A) Union labor practices
B) Labor-management committees
C) Appropriate bargaining unit
D) Good-faith bargaining unit