31. The World Trade Organization was created in the eighth : 1401813
31. The World Trade Organization was created in the eighth round of the GATT talks –
called the ________________________ that lasted from 1986 to 1994.
a. Brussels Round
b. Paris Round
c. Morocco Round
d. Paraguay Round
e. none of the above
32. The World Trade Organization (WTO) was created in the _____________ of GATT
talks---called the Uruguay Round.
a. fifth round
b. sixth round
c. seventh round
d. eighth round
e. ninth round
33. Perhaps the most important accomplishment of the latest GATT round was the
a. the World Trade Organization (WTO).
b. the Asian Development Bank.
c. the World Bank.
d. the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
e. the International Finance Corp. (IFC).
34. The World Trade Organization (WTO) took effect on:
a. January 1, 1994
b. January 1, 1995
c. January 1, 1996
d. January 1, 1997
e. January 1, 1998
35. As of February 28, 2009, the World Trade Organization (WTO) has _________
36. The World Trade Organization’s (WTO) ninth round of trade talks which were
launched in November 2001 is called:
a. the Doha Round.
b. the Seattle Round.
c. the Geneva Round
d. the New York Round.
e. the London Round.
37. Doha’s Development Agenda (Doha Round) includes new trade talks—an actions
program to resolve developing countries’ complaints about the implementation of
Uruguay Round agreements, and an accord on ____________________________.
a. Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights
b. Services Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights
c. Regional Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights
d.Local Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights
e. National Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights
38. One of the differences between WTO and GATT is that WTO’s dispute settlement
b. faster and more automatic.
c. very limited.
d. controlled by the World Bank.
e. controlled by the negotiation section of the United Nations.
39. In December 1999, WTO launched what would have become the beginning of a
___________ round of negotiations inaugurated in Seattle, Washington.
40. The WTO Work Program on _____________________ is in the process of defining
the trade-related aspects of ___________________ that would fall under the
parameters of WTO mandates.
a. business commerce
b. electronic commerce
c. equity commerce
d. network commerce
e. network commerce