Question : 31) Retrovirus vectors for gene therapy have all of the following : 2134356
31) Retrovirus vectors for gene therapy have all of the following characteristics except:
A. they can infect both dividing and nondividing cells.
B. they have a limited insert size.
C. they have generate only a mild immune response
D. they stably integrate into host chromosomes
32) Which mode of gene therapy accomplishes transgene integration into the target cell’s genome?
D. A and B
33) Which is a present concern regarding the use of retroviral vectors for gene therapy?
A. They will integrate their DNA into the genome instead of remaining extrachromosomal DNA.
B. They will integrate their DNA into the genome in ways that disrupt or misregulate the expression of genes at or near the site of integration.
C. They will fail to introduce the therapeutic gene into any of the patient’s cells.
D. They will cause retroviral disease.
34) The most promising gene therapy clinical trial so far for cystic fibrosis used aerosol administration and
A. liposome-mediated gene transfer
B. adenovirus-mediated gene transfer
C. adeno-associated virus-mediated gene transfer
D. retrovirus-mediated gene transfer
35) Current strategies for anti-HIV-1 gene therapy aim to do all of the following except:
A. destroy every cell infected with HIV-1
B. reduce plasma viral load
C. improve patient quality of life
D. use ribozymes to cleave viral RNA
36) Which class of diseases is least amenable to treatment by gene therapy?
A. monogenic loss-of-function metabolic diseases
B. multigenic behavioral diseases
C. viral diseases