31) One half of the "plate" in the MyPlate eating : 1407880
31) One half of the "plate" in the MyPlate eating plan consists of:
C) fruits and vegetables.
32) MyPlate's dairy cup graphic serves as a reminder to consume what quantity and type of calcium-rich foods daily?
A) 1 cup of whole milk and 1 1/2 ounces of cheese
B) 1 cup of fat-free milk or yogurt or equivalent non-dairy sources
C) 2 cups of low-fat or fat-free dairy products or equivalent non-dairy sources
D) 3 cups of low-fat or fat-free dairy products or equivalent non-dairy sources
33) Since he was a child, Hiram's favorite home-cooked meals have been protein- and fat-rich dinners of steak and French fries and fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. How can Hiram modify his choices to more closely follow MyPlate's recommendations for a healthful diet?
A) Eliminate the potatoes from his meals.
B) Choose lean meats and poultry and bake, broil, or grill them.
C) Choose fried chicken instead of steak.
D) Serve each meal with 1/2 cup of salad and 2 ounces of cheese.
34) MyPlate's recommended serving size for grains and proteins is measured in:
A) ounces or ounce-equivalents (oz-equivalent or oz eq).
35) A practical way to gauge an appropriate portion size is to use the hands as a guide. Which of the following represents one cup of pasta or vegetables?
A) a woman's fist
B) a man's fist
C) both hands cupped together to form a bowl
D) a woman's palm
36) Samira is concerned about eating a healthful amount of nutrient-rich vegetables every day. Based on MyPlate, what would be a practical suggestion to guide her daily choices?
A) Eat at least 1 cup of potatoes and other light-colored vegetables at every meal.
B) Eat at least 2 cups of salad at breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
C) Eat at least 2 1/2 cups of a variety of vegetables, especially dark-green and orange vegetables and beans and peas.
D) Eat at least 5 cups of a variety of vegetables, including dark-green and orange vegetables and beans and peas.
37) Which of the following is NOT an advantage of MyPlate?
A) It can be accessed on the Internet.
B) It can be personalized to meet an individual's Calorie and nutrient requirements.
C) It offers a variety of food choices.
D) It offers a set meal plan for everyone.
38) Which of the following counts as one serving of the grains group, according to MyPlate?
A) 2 slices of whole-wheat bread
B) 1/2 cup of cooked brown rice
C) 1 cup of pasta
D) 1 hamburger bun
39) MyPlate's serving-size recommendations counter which significant social trend that contributes to excess Calorie intake and weight gain?
A) increasing popularity of ethnic food choices
B) rising rates of food allergies
C) lack of affordable fresh fruits and vegetables at most supermarkets
D) dramatic increase in portion sizes
40) For a healthy adult consuming a standard 2,000-kcal/day diet, which of the following meets MyPlate's recommended daily serving of fruit?
A) 1/2 of a grapefruit for breakfast and 1/2 cup of strawberries for dessert
B) 1 cup of orange juice at every meal
C) 1 cup of pears (1 medium pear) at lunch and 1 cup of fruit salad with dinner
D) 1/4 cup of dried apricots for a snack