Question : 31. In the early years of Islam, music was considered : 1662009
31. In the early years of Islam, music was considered a ‚__________ pleasure.?
32. Modern readers are often struck at the Byzantine distaste for __________ and their preference for elaboration on tradition.
33. Anna Comnena was perhaps the most important writer of __________ in the Byzantine era.
34. The bulk of Byzantine literature is in the category of __________.
35. A(n) __________ places all the separate stories within a larger framework, as in The Arabian Nights.
36. The ascetic poems of Abu al-‘Atahiyah, collected in the __________, are the basis of his reputation as a poet.
37. ‚The Qu’ran? means ‚__________? in Arabic.
38. The Qur’an is composed of 114 __________, or chapters.
39. __________ script is one of the earliest and most decorative Arabic calligraphy styles.
40. __________ of the Qur’an have traditionally been forbidden, and when produced have been seen as only paraphrases of the actual text.