31. A 20-ounce bottle of a typical soft drink contains : 1400677
31. A 20-ounce bottle of a typical soft drink contains ________ teaspoons of sugar.
32. Which of the following is a kilocalorie-free sweetener?
33. Which of the following sweeteners is not stable at high temperatures?
C. rebaudioside A
34. Which of the following sweeteners should not be consumed by individuals with the disease phenylketonuria?
35. Which of the following statements is false regarding sugar substitutes?
A. They do not promote dental caries.
B. They are approved by the FDA.
C. They all affect glucose levels.
D. They can benefit individuals with diabetes.
36. Which of the following foods provides carbohydrate but not dietary fiber?
D. low-fat dairy products
37. Glucose, fructose, and galactose all have how many atoms of carbon?
38. How many grams of fiber should an adult female aged 19 to 50 consume per day?
39. The storage form of glucose in plants is
40. Why does the body need carbohydrate?
A. to encourage muscle growth
B. to lower blood glucose
C. to strengthen bones
D. to provide energy