31) ________ the worldwide leader of ERP vendors.
C) : 1331364
31) ________ is the worldwide leader of ERP vendors.
32) ERP was originally used in the ________ domain.
B) customer support
D) human resources
33) ________ is a suite of software applications that consolidates existing systems by providing layers of software that connect applications together.
A) Enterprise resource planning (ERP) system
B) Enterprise integration application (EAI)
C) Customer relationship management (CRM) system
D) Rich internet application (RIA)
34) Which of the following is a function of EAI?
A) It is used to forecast sales and to create manufacturing plans to meet those forecasts.
B) It manages all the interactions with customers, from lead generation to customer service.
C) It creates information silos by departmentalizing applications.
D) It enables a gradual move to ERP.
35) Which of the following statements is true of EAI?
A) A disadvantage of the EAI software is the lack of metadata files that describe where data are located.
B) The layers of EAI software prevent existing applications from communicating with each other.
C) EAI makes use of a centralized database that acts as a "virtual integrated database" for users to process.
D) EAI software can be configured to automatically make conversions needed to share data among different systems.
36) The expenses and risks associated with the implementation or upgrading of enterprise systems arise from the ________.
A) need for encrypting a company's data before an enterprise system can use the data
B) lack of resources within a company to handle the implementation of the system
C) lack of variety in the enterprise systems currently being sold in the market
D) resistance from a company's employees to changes in existing systems
37) When implementing new enterprise systems in a company, process issues that may arise can be effectively resolved by ________.
A) encouraging entities at different organizational levels to create separate information systems
B) developing committees and steering groups for process management
C) bringing into the company conciliators or arbitrators to sort the issues
D) giving the responsibility of resolving issues to the company's CEO
38) ________ is a major issue faced by companies when implementing enterprise systems.
A) The failure of applications to communicate and share data with each other
B) The failure to incorporate accounting and human resource applications
C) The lack of a centralized database where important data such as metadata can be stored
D) The gap between the requirements of an organization and the capabilities of an application
39) ________ is a person's belief that he or she can be successful at his or her job.
40) Inter-enterprise PRIDE systems are referred to as ________ because in such systems processing is divided across multiple computing devices.
A) distributed systems
B) departmental information systems
C) business intelligence systems
D) integrated systems