26. Tristan's peers described him as being resentful of others, : 2109716
26. Tristan's peers described him as being resentful of others, touchy, and having a short temper. These are characteristics of the oppositional defiant disorder under the _____ criterion.
A. angry/irritable mood
C. deceitfulness or theft
D. argumentative/defiant behaviors
27. Oppositional defiant disorder differs from conduct disorder in that in oppositional defiant disorder children tend to:
A. be aggressive toward animals.
B. be chronically negativistic.
C. show deceitfulness or a pattern of theft.
D. show a pattern of property destruction.
28. Oppositional defiant disorder:
A. tends to be found in only few, specific cultures.
B. often manifests for the first time during adolescence.
C. is common among most children who develop conduct disorder at a later age.
D. is equally likely in both boys and girls, though boys tend to be less aggressive.
29. In terms of antisocial behavior, girls appear to engage in _____, such as excluding their peers, gossiping about them, and colluding with others to damage the social status of their targets, more so than boys.
A. passive opposition
B. physical violence
C. relational aggression
D. repressed belligerence
30. In terms of conduct disorder, _____.
A. girls are more likely to engage in deceitful behavior than boys
B. boys are more likely to engage in substance abuse than girls
C. girls tend to show high rates of depression as adolescents and adults
D. boys are more likely to engage in stealing and lying as children and adolescents