21) You a recruiter for a public relations agency and : 1404287
21) You are a recruiter for a public relations agency and must fill the position of Director of Business Development. The disadvantages of an internal job posting include:
A) unsuccessful job candidates are rarely demotivated, understanding feedback may not be communicated in a timely manner.
B) it does not reduce the likelihood of special deals and favouritism.
C) it is rare that it is a difficult decision about which candidate to select; even if there are two or more equally qualified candidates.
D) the decision about which candidate to select may be more difficult if there are two or more equally qualified candidates.
E) every qualified employee does not have a chance for transfer or promotion.
22) You are a recruiter for a telecommunications company. When recruiting for the position of Director of Customer Service which of the following is most helpful as a supplement to job postings to ensure that qualified internal candidates are identified and considered when vacancies arise?
A) a telephone hot-line
B) a replacement chart
C) a succession plan
D) skills inventories
E) replacement summaries
23) Which of the following is a limitation of recruiting from within the organization?
A) If positions are vacated unexpectedly, there may be no qualified internal candidates.
B) In firms with a promote-from-within policy, positions are rarely filled externally.
C) If there is a job posting policy, external candidates can only be considered if there are no qualified internal candidates.
D) Most entry-level jobs are filled with current employees.
E) All of the above are limitations of recruiting from within.
24) You are a recruiter for a telecommunications company. When recruiting for the position of Director of Customer Service which of the following would not account for why you would recruit externally?
A) Employment equity goals and timetables may be met.
B) The quality of the selection decision may be better.
C) Creative problem-solving techniques may be acquired.
D) Rivalry and competition between employees may be eliminated.
E) Qualified employees have a chance for promotion.
25) External recruitment often results in:
A) higher costs due to extensive training.
B) the generation of a homogeneous pool of applicants.
C) cost savings due to less extensive training.
D) rivalry and competition among employees.
E) problems in meeting employment equity goals.
26) For executive-level positions, firms normally rely on:
A) professional search firms.
B) newspaper ads.
C) employee referrals.
D) employment agencies.
E) online recruitment.
27) In a recent survey, local newspaper advertising was rated as "very useful" by 54 percent of respondents for which of the following categories of employees?
A) technical employees
B) professional employees
E) other salaried employees
28) Yield ratio is:
A) applicants who perform poorly in the hiring process.
B) the percentage of applicants that will not proceed to the next stage of the process.
C) applicants who perform well in the hiring process.
D) applicants that do not continue in the hiring process.
E) the percentage of applicants that proceed to the next stage of the process.
29) Time-lapse data:
A) can not be used for every recruitment method.
B) is the average number of days from when the company initiates a recruitment method to when the successful candidate begins to work and has completed the orientation process.
C) does not take into account the amount of lead time available.
D) is the average number of days from when the company initiates a recruitment method to when the successful candidate begins to work.
E) is not a useful tool in the recruitment process.
30) Employers may use a recruiting yield pyramid for each recruitment method to determine the:
A) projected turnover rate.
B) number of applicants failing the recruiting and selecting process.
C) number of applicants that must be attracted to hire the required number of new employees.
D) amount of lead time needed to hire the required number of new employees.
E) number of applicants rejected.