21) Which one of the following statements about the crust : 2086508
21) Which one of the following statements about the crust is NOT true?
A) Continental rocks are compositionally different than oceanic rocks.
B) It is thickest where prominent mountains exist.
C) It is the thinnest of the major subdivisions.
D) Oceanic crust is enriched in potassium, sodium, and silicon.
22) The Mercalli Scale is a scale from ________.
A) I to X that rates the total energy released during the main quake and all aftershocks
B) I to XII that rates the structural damage due to an earthquake
C) 1 to 10 that rates the energy released by an earthquake
D) 1 to 12 that rates the energy required for faulting to occur
23) The average composition of the continental crust most closely approximates that of ________.
A) peridotite B) basalt C) iron D) granite
24) On a typical seismogram, ________ will show the highest amplitudes.
A) surface waves B) P waves C) S waves D) body waves
25) The asthenosphere is located ________.
A) between the mantle and outer core B) within the crust
C) in the upper mantle D) within the outer core