21) The type of muscle responsible for involuntary contractions of : 1402899
21) The type of muscle responsible for involuntary contractions of the stomach is ________ muscle.
22) Vasoconstriction is a term that refers to the contraction of muscle in the walls of the blood vessels, thus causing the diameter of the blood vessel to decrease. Which one of the following types of muscle would be involved in this contraction?
D) both cardiac and smooth
E) both skeletal and smooth
23) Which type of tissue is able to contract?
B) loose connective
C) dense connective
24) Which one of the following tissues can respond to the environment by generating electrical signals?
25) Which one of the following statements is TRUE regarding glial cells?
A) They are located in the matrix of cartilage.
B) They transmit nerve impulses from the brain to the internal organs.
C) They stimulate the contraction of cardiac muscle.
D) They support and protect neurons.
E) They produce blood plasma.
26) Which one of the following are structures in the body that are composed of two or more different tissue types joined together to perform a specific function?
C) organ systems
E) body cavities
27) The abdominal cavity is separated from the thoracic cavity by the
28) Which one of the following is a tissue membrane positioned in thin cavities between bones in movable joints?
A) synovial membrane
B) basement membrane
C) cutaneous membrane
D) mucous membrane
E) serous membrane
29) Which one of the following membranes lines the airways and digestive tract?
30) The wrist is located ________ to the elbow.