21. The problem-focused theory of dreaming states that the purpose
21. The problem-focused theory of dreaming states that the purpose of dreaming is to resolve current concerns.
22. The activation-synthesis theory of dreaming states that there is no purpose to dreaming, dreams occur because of random brainstem signals.
23. Hypnosis is a procedure in which a practitioner suggests changes in the sensations, perceptions, thoughts, feelings, or behaviors of the subject.
24. Hypnosis increases the overall accuracy of memory.
25. When hypnotized individuals are regressed to earlier ages, their brain waves reflect the age that they are reexperiencing.
26. College students who reported being able to regress into previous lives under hypnosis were unable to describe the money used in their “past life” community.
27. Cocaine is a natural drug, derived from leaves.
28.Psychedelics reduce the nausea and vomiting that often accompany chemotherapy.
29. Psychoactive drugs produce their effects primarily by acting on brain neurotransmitters.
30. Illegal drugs are always more dangerous than legal drugs.