21) The device that acts as a connection point between : 1927955
21) The device that acts as a connection point between computers and can filter and forward data to a specified destination is called a(n):
22) The Internet is based on which three key technologies?
A) TCP/IP, HTML, and HTTP
B) TCP/IP, HTTP, and packet switching
C) Client/server computing, packet switching, and the development of communications standards for linking networks and computers
D) Client/server computing, packet switching, and HTTP
23) The method of slicing digital messages into parcels, transmitting them along different communication paths, and reassembling them at their destinations is called:
B) packet switching.
C) packet routing.
24) The telephone system is an example of a ________ network.
25) Which of the following is not a characteristic of packet switching?
A) Packets travel independently of each other.
B) Packets are routed through many different paths.
C) Packet switching requires point-to-point circuits.
D) Packets include data for checking transmission errors.
26) In TCP/IP, IP is responsible for:
A) disassembling and reassembling of packets during transmission.
B) establishing an Internet connection between two computers.
C) moving packets over the network.
D) sequencing the transfer of packets.
27) In a telecommunications network architecture, a protocol is:
A) a device that handles the switching of voice and data in a local area network.
B) a standard set of rules and procedures for control of communications in a network.
C) a communications service for microcomputer users.
D) the main computer in a telecommunications network.
28) What are the four layers of the TCP/IP reference model?
A) Physical, application, transport, and network interface
B) Physical, application, Internet, and network interface
C) Application, transport, Internet, and network interface
D) Application, hardware, Internet, and network interface
29) Which signal types are represented by a continuous waveform?
30) To use the analog telephone system for sending digital data, you must also use:
A) a modem.
B) a router.
D) twisted wire.