21) International businesspeople need to understand social stratification systems where : 1418848
21) International businesspeople need to understand social stratification systems where they do business because ________.
A) such systems reflect a culture's willingness to accept product changes
B) such systems indicate who people in a given culture will respect more
C) the high similarity among countries lets firms effectively use global hiring practices
D) what is an ascribed group membership in one country is an acquired one in another
22) Which of the following is an example of an acquired group membership?
A) national origin
23) The more closed a society is, the more important ________ group membership is.
24) Studies indicate a strong correlation between the intensity of religious belief and ________.
A) a desire to convert productivity gains into more leisure time
B) an adherence to attributes that lead to economic growth
C) the belief that material success is related to salvation
D) the degree of ethnocentrism exhibited in a culture
25) According to the theory of success and reward expectation, the greatest enthusiasm for work generally occurs when there is a ________ likelihood of success combined with a ________ reward for success compared to the reward for failure.
A) high; high
B) high; low
C) low; high
D) low; low
26) A country in which the norm is a money-and-things orientation and a belief that it's better to "live to work" than to "work to live" is most accurately characterized as a ________ culture.
A) high masculinity
27) Based on the hierarchy-of-needs theory, in which of the following would fulfillment of lower-order needs be the best motivator?
A) wealthy countries
B) Protestant countries
C) high femininity countries
D) very poor countries
28) People generally prefer little consultation between superiors and subordinates in cultures where ________ is high.
A) power distance
29) Which of the following is characterized by low dependence on an organization and a desire for personal time, freedom, and challenges?
30) ATX Enterprises has operations in Tokyo, a collectivist culture. Which of the following would most likely motivate the firm's Japanese employees?
A) opportunities for personal decision making
B) extensive vacation time
C) on-the-job challenges
D) good health benefits