21. In order for the Constitution to go into effect, : 2055772
21. In order for the Constitution to go into effect, at least this number of states would need to ratify it
22. Most Anti-Federalists feared that the new government would be dominated by
A. political elites.
D. political "factions."
23. Presidents are
A. directly selected by the people.
B. selected by votes of the state legislatures.
C. selected by votes of the Electoral College.
D. subject to recall elections.
E. subject to confidence votes by Congress.
24. The Federalist Papers were written by
A. Washington, Adams, and Jefferson.
B. Franklin, Washington, and Lee.
C. Jefferson, Locke, and Montesquieu.
D. Madison, Hamilton, and Jay.
E. Marshall, Jefferson, and Adams.
25. The document explaining the ideas of the Constitution and urging its ratification is
A. the Mayflower Compact.
B. the Declaration of Independence.
C. The Anti-Federalist Papers.
D. The Federalist Papers.
E. the Declaration of Conscience.