21) Cells lining parts of the respiratory tract have numerous : 1402895
21) Cells lining parts of the respiratory tract have numerous short filamentous structures known as ________ on their surfaces, which beat in unison and move materials through the airways.
22) Chemical reactions that take place in living organisms are collectively known as the organism's ________.
23) Cells get their energy from the ________ of molecules, such as ATP, that store energy.
24) Anabolic reactions result in the ________ of large molecules and therefore ________ energy.
25) The citric acid cycle and the electron transport chain occur in the ________ of the cell.
26) Glycolysis occurs in the ________ of a cell.
27) The majority of ATP synthesis occurs during the ________ stage of cellular respiration.
28) The only way that cells can produce ATP in the absence of oxygen is through the process of ________.
29) If oxygen is present in a cell, pyruvate is converted to ________, which is transported to the citric acid cycle in the form of ________.
30) When fats are broken down and used as an energy source, the fatty acids are converted to ________, which then enters the citric acid cycle.