21. __________ is the description of the lives of saints.
22. After the sack of Constantinople, many Greek scholars brought humanism to __________. A) Spain
E)none of these
23. Unlike painting in the West, icons did not __________ biblical events.
24. The Church-controlled format of icons encouraged __________.
25. Stylistically, Byzantine icons derive from __________ funeral portraits of the second century C.E.
26. Another word for a halo is __________.
27. The Hagia Sophia has the largest __________ ever created.
28. The four __________ were added to the Hagia Sophia by the conquering Muslims. A) clerestory windows
29. The __________ was the first major example of Islamic architecture.
B)Dome of the Rock
C)Temple of Muhammad
E)none of the above
30. Although no music manuscripts exist from the Byzantine era, we are still familiar with the type of hymn called __________, based on the sixth-century hymns.