Question : 2. All of the cells that make up an organism : 1568477
2. All of the cells that make up an organism contain exactly the same DNA. What is the basis for differences in the structure and functions of the cells within an organism?
1. Differentiate between arithmetic and exponential growth.
2. What is the doubling time for a population with a 1% growth rate? What is the doubling time for a population with a 0.5% growth rate?
3. From a single mating, a female housefly will lay hundreds of eggs. If population growth rate were determined solely by birth rate, Charles Darwin calculated that a pair of flies would produce offspring (children, grandchildren, etc.) equal to the weight of the Earth in just eight generations. Why does this not occur?
4. Give examples of animals that display type I, II, and III survivorship curves and describe ecological conditions that might be responsible for each of these patterns of survival.