190. Males only produce androgens, while females only produce estrogens.
191. All young females begin menarche at exactly the same time.
192. In poorer developing countries, menstruation begins earlier than in more economically advantaged countries.
293. Over the past 100 years, girls have been experiencing puberty at later ages.
194. Menstruation is the only change in puberty for females.
195. Boys’ and girls’ sexual maturation follows the same time course of development.
196. The two extremes of nutritional disorders in teenagers are obesity and eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa and bulimia.
197. While anorexia nervosa can be deadly, bulimia, although problematic for nutritional reasons, does not have the potential for death.
198. Anorexia nervosa is only seen in adolescent girls.
199. Anorexia nervosa is only prevalent in North America.