189) The eight wastes of traditional operations includes all of : 1876961
189) The eight wastes of traditional operations includes all of the following except
D) utilizing people to their full potential.
190) Which of the following is a lean strategy?
A) Group like machines together.
B) Produce in smaller batches than a traditional system.
C) Maintain a higher level of inventory than a traditional system.
D) Lengthen setup times relative to a traditional system.
191) Which of the following pertains to a lean company?
A) An individual does fewer tasks than under a traditional production system.
B) Product costs attached to units are tracked as units move through production.
C) Rather than many individual journal entries, summary journal entries are made when units are completed.
D) Units are produced in larger batches than under a traditional production system.
192) Which of the following is true about lean thinking?
A) Customer orders drive the production process.
B) Inventory levels are maintained at high levels.
C) Raw materials are purchased in large quantities.
D) Finished goods are produced ahead of customers' orders to protect against running out of finished goods inventory.
193) Which of the following is not a factor in the success of a lean company?
A) Short production cycle times
B) Continuous flow of production without interruptions
C) Inflexible production operations
D) The focus on quality
194) The management strategy designed to eliminate waste is called a(n)
A) traditional thinking.
B) lean thinking.
C) activity-based costing.
D) full costing.
195) Which of the following items is not a characteristic of a lean company?
A) Machines are arranged by function.
B) Machine setup times are reduced.
C) Production is in small batches.
D) Employees are trained to operate more than one machine.
196) A system in which companies purchase raw materials only when needed is called
B) external failure costs.
C) internal failure costs.
D) JIT production.
197) Which term listed below describes a system where companies purchase raw materials when needed in production and complete finished goods when needed by customers?
A) Internal failure costs
B) Backflush costing
D) External failure costs
198) The goal of total quality management (TQM) is to provide customers with inferior products and services.