16. The cost of defending against a libel suit as : 2132687
16. The cost of defending against a libel suit is as much of a problem for the press as multi-million dollar judgments.
17. It is impossible for an individual to sue for libel based on material contained in a TV drama or a novel because these are obviously fiction.
18. It is always the judge's responsibility in a libel suit to decide whether the words are defamatory.
19. Most former libel plaintiffs interviewed in a major study said they favored going to court to protect their reputation as opposed to using some other means to resolve the problem.
20. Republishing a widespread rumor is protected from a libel suit by the First Amendment.