16. Lower courts have consistently ruled that persons married to : 2132692
16. Lower courts have consistently ruled that persons married to or closely associated with public persons are also public persons for the purposes of libel action.
17. In libel law, a public controversy is defined as a controversy in which the resolution of the issues will affect a larger group of persons than those involved in the controversy.
18. The New York Times rule was generated by a lawsuit stemming from the Bush-era invasion of Iraq.
19. Whether or not a reporter sought a comment from the subject of a libelous story will always be a critical factor in determining actual malice.
20. A business regulated by the government is always regarded as a public figure.