158) Important ________ investments, such as the Internet and the supporting Internet culture, educational systems, network and computing standards, regulations and laws, and the presence of technology and service firms, are important.
159) The disciplines that contribute to the ________ approach are computer science, management science, and operations research.
160) ________ research focuses on mathematical techniques for optimizing selected parameters of organizations, such as transportation, inventory control, and transaction costs.
161) ________ is a global network that uses universal standards to connect millions of different networks around the world.
162) Computer ________ consists of the detailed, preprogrammed instructions that control and coordinate the computer hardware components in an information system.
163) The ________ is a service provided by the Internet that uses universally accepted standards for storing, retrieving, formatting, and displaying information in a page format.
164) ________ are private corporate networks extended to authorized users outside the organization.
165) The key elements of an organization are its people, structure, business processes, politics, and ________.
166) In a(n) ________ perspective, the performance of a system is optimized when both the technology and the organization mutually adjust to one another until a satisfactory fit is obtained.
167) ________ makes long-range strategic decisions about the firm's products and services.