141. Research suggests that most gay and lesbian couples
a)have relationships that are not as stable as heterosexual couples.
b)want to adopt children and raise a family.
d)seek loving, long-term, and meaningful relationships.
142. For the past three decades, there has been a significant
a)rise in the number of couples getting married.
b)decline in the number of couples living together without getting married.
c)decline in the number of couples getting married.
d)decline in the number of same-sex couples living together.
143. The term used for couples who live together without being married is
c)persons of the opposite sex sharing living quarters (POSSLQs).
144. The average age of cohabitation is between ___ and____.
145. Canadians living in which of the following regions are most likely to cohabit?
146. In which of the following countries is cohabitation the norm?
147. Which of the following is a reason why young adults choose to marry?
a)marriage is the only way to have children
b)having a spouse can fill an economic and sexual role with legal benefits and protections
c)marriage can be useful in advancing career achievement
d)marriage offers a guaranteed commitment to both parties
148. The median age of first-time marriage in the Canada is now _____ for men and _____ for women.
149. What is the median age of first marriage in Canada?
a)30 for men; 28 for women
b)26 for men; 28 for women
c)25 for men; 23 for women
d)33 for men; 34 for women
150. Which of the following is a typical characteristic of a happy marriage?
a)Partners show affection and communicate relatively little negativity about one another.
b)Partners establish early on in the marriage the superior and inferior positions of the partners.
c)Partners perceive themselves as two independent entities rather than interdependent.
d)Partners show restraint in expressing their feelings and concerns about their relationship.