131. In the context of the cerebral hemispheres, a split : 1411874
131. In the context of the cerebral hemispheres, a split brain occurs due to _____.
A. loss of the myelin sheath
B. pressure on the frontal lobe
C. severance of the corpus callosum
D. damage to the amygdala
132. What is the name of the large bundle of axons that connects the two halves of the brain?
A. Basal ganglia
B. Cingulate gyrus
C. Angular gyrus
D. Corpus callosum
133. Neurosurgeons can reduce the unbearable seizures some epileptics experience by severing the _____.
C. cingulate gyrus
D. corpus callosum
134. In the context of the cerebral hemispheres of the brain, the corpus callosum is:
A. a region of the cerebral cortex that integrates sensory and motor information.
B. a part of the limbic system.
C. a bundle of axons that connects the right hemisphere with the left hemisphere.
D. a part of the hindbrain.
135. Which of the following scenarios illustrates the effective functioning of the right hemisphere of the human brain?
A. Joan sings a song to her daughter.
B. Josh recognizes the alphabets on the blackboard.
C. Terrence solves a puzzle in class.
D. Melissa recognizes that Norah is sad by looking at her face.
136. Which of the following is a function of the right hemisphere of the brain?
A. Recognition of words
B. Comprehension of grammar
C. Singing songs
D. Interpreting emotions
137. In the context of the cerebral hemispheres of the brain, the brain region associated with face recognition is located in the _____.
C. fusiform gyrus
D. post central gyrus
138. The set of glands that regulates the activities of certain organs in the body is called the _____ system.
139. In the context of the endocrine system, the _____ gland regulates all the other glands.
140. In the context of the endocrine system, a function of the adrenal glands is to _____.
A. produce insulin
B. help regulate mood
C. perform digestive functions
D. control growth