121. Amphetamines classified as:
122. Prescription drugs : 1411894
121. Amphetamines are classified as:
122. Prescription drugs for attention deficit disorder, such as Ritalin, are:
123. What type of drug is crystal meth?
124. Jacob’s friend Sarah loves the warmth she feels for everybody when she takes Ecstasy. Jacob warns her that repeated use of this drug could have lasting negative effects on the neurotransmitter:
125. _____ are psychoactive drugs that modify a person’s perceptual experiences and produce visual images that are not real.
126. Which of the following statements is true of marijuana?
A. The active ingredient in marijuana is THC, which specifically affects serotonin.
B. Repeated usage of marijuana can enhance attention and memory.
C. Marijuana disrupts the membranes of neurons but does not affect the functioning of hormones.
D. Marijuana can trigger increased sensitivity to sounds, tastes, smells, and colors.
127. “Medical marijuana” is known to:
A. promote appetite.
B. relieve pain.
C. calm anxiety.
D. All of these.
128. Luke, who frequently takes drugs, keeps complaining that his drapes are growing tentacles that are threatening to strangle him. Luke is most likely taking:
D. lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD).
129. Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) acts primarily on the neurotransmitter:
130. Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) and marijuana are: