11.2 Multiple-Choice Questions
1) Developing, operating, and maintaining an organization's computing : 1415472
11.2 Multiple-Choice Questions
1) Developing, operating, and maintaining an organization's computing infrastructure is a major function of the ________ department.
A) human resources
B) information systems
2) Which of the following statements is true of an IS department?
A) If the IS primarily supports accounting and finance activities, the CFO is appointed as the CIO.
B) Programs used in all information systems are developed in-house by the development group.
C) The operations group monitors user experience and responds to user problems.
D) Data administration is performed exclusively by the outsourcing relations group.
3) If an organization runs an information system that provides little support to accounting, it's chief information officer will most likely report to the ________.
A) chief financial officer
B) chief executive officer
C) director of information services
D) chief technology officer
4) Which of the following is a responsibility of a CIO?
A) reporting to the chief executive officer
B) heading the technology group
C) evaluating new technologies that are relevant to the organization
D) developing processes and IS that implement business strategy
5) Which of the following is a function of the technology office in an organization's IS department?
A) managing computing infrastructure
B) creating new information systems
C) investigating new information systems
D) maintaining existing information systems
6) In an IS department, the ________ group manages computing infrastructure, including individual computers, in-house server farms, networks, and communications media.
7) Which of the following statements is true of the operations group in an organization's IS department?
A) It establishes data standards and data management practices and policies.
B) It monitors the user experience and responds to their problems.
C) It manages all computing infrastructure except in-house server farms and communications media.
D) It will include technical writers if the programs are developed in-house.
8) Which of the following statements is true about the "maintenance" of information systems?
A) It is undertaken by the business analysts.
B) It is overseen by the chief technology officer.
C) It involves adapting existing systems to support new features.
D) It comprises developing test plans and designing automated test scripts.
9) In the IS department, the ________ group manages the process of creating new information systems as well as maintaining existing information systems.
D) outsourcing relations
10) If an organization does not develop programs in-house, then the development group of the IS department will be staffed primarily by ________ who work with users, operations, and vendors to acquire and install licensed software and to set up the system components around that software.
A) programmers and development personnel
B) PQA test engineers
C) business and systems analysts
D) technical writers