111. Nathan suffering from amnesia, an illness that prevents the : 1411872
111. Nathan is suffering from amnesia, an illness that prevents the retrieval of new memories. In the context of the organization of the brain, which area of Nathan’s brain is most likely responsible for the amnesia?
A. Basal ganglia
B. Reticular formation
112. Old-fashioned telephone systems relied on operators to take incoming calls and connect them to the appropriate persons they were intended for. Which structure of the brain functions in an analogous manner?
D. Basal ganglia
113. Ronald has a habit of vacuuming his apartment at seven in the morning. Which of the following brain regions is likely to be most active during and directly related to this routine?
B. Association cortex
C. Basal Ganglia
114. In the context of the organization of the brain, one of the important functions of the hypothalamus is:
A. the maintenance of body temperature.
B. the regulation of heart rate.
C. the coordination of voluntary movements.
D. the maintenance of physical balance.
115. Carrie suffered brain damage when she was injured in a car accident. Since then, she is unable to take pleasure in the things she used to. She has also lost interest in sexual intimacy with her husband and does not enjoy the taste of her favorite foods. In this scenario, damage to which of the following areas of the brain is most likely causing her inability to experience pleasure?
D. Pituitary gland
116. In the context of the organization of the brain, body temperature, emotional states, and coping with stress are functions controlled by the _____.
A. corpus callosum
117. In the context of the organization of the brain, one of its pleasure centers is found in the _____.
B. corpus callosum
C. basal ganglia
118. In the context of the organization of the brain, thinking and planning are mediated by the _____ of the brain.
B. cerebral cortex
D. somatosensory cortex
119. The two halves of the cerebral cortex are called cerebral _____.
C. association areas
120. In the context of the cerebral cortex, the area critical for processing visual information is the _____ lobe.