11) The biggest constraint recruiting activity at this time the: : 1404286
11) The biggest constraint on recruiting activity at this time is the:
A) organizational plans.
B) recruiter preferences.
C) emerging labour shortage.
D) environmental factors.
E) the recruitment budget.
12) Recruiters must try to meet the prevailing standards while dealing with:
A) recruiter preferences.
B) inducements of competitors.
C) environmental factors.
D) organizational policies.
E) the job specifications.
13) You are a recruiter for a public relations agency and must fill the position of Director of Business Development. The advantages of filling the position with inside candidates includes:
A) there would be no advantages.
B) managers are provided with a longer-term perspective when making business decisions.
C) insiders are likely to have an innovative approach.
D) managers are provided with a longer-term perspective when making business decisions and insiders may be more committed to company goals and less likely to leave.
E) insiders are less likely to require training and are more likely to have an innovative approach.
14) You are a recruiter for a public relations agency and must fill the position of Director of Business Development. The disadvantages of filling the position with inside candidates includes all of the following EXCEPT:
B) difficulty for a newly-chosen leader to gain acceptance.
C) less orientation is required
D) a waste of time if all internal candidates must be interviewed.
E) less innovative approaches to decision-making
15) To be effective, promotion from within requires using each of the following tools EXCEPT:
A) job posting.
B) skills inventories.
D) human resources records.
E) newspaper advertisements.
16) An effective way of spreading the word about job opportunities to current employees is:
A) preparing a job specification.
B) preparing a job description.
C) radio advertising.
D) placing a classified advertisement in the newspaper.
E) job posting.
17) Information typically found in a job posting includes all of the following EXCEPT:
A) pay range.
B) job title.
C) qualifications required.
D) the name of the previous incumbent.
E) posting date.
18) Skills inventories are:
A) only computerized.
B) not useful unless there is a unique job being applied for.
C) used for employee training.
D) always used instead of job postings.
E) often used as a supplement to job postings.
19) An examination of human resources records may reveal all of the following EXCEPT:
B) employees who are working in jobs below their education or skill levels.
C) people who already have the requisite KSAs.
D) occupational segregation.
E) persons with the potential to move into the vacant position if given some additional training.
20) Advantages of job posting include all of the following EXCEPT:
A) employment equity goals are more likely to be met.
B) the organization's policies and guidelines regarding promotions and transfers are communicated.
C) the likelihood of special deals and favouritism is reduced.
D) every qualified employee is provided with a chance for a transfer or promotion.
E) the organization's commitment to career growth and development is demonstrated.