11) Plasma membrane proteins that can receive and transmit information : 1402894
11) Plasma membrane proteins that can receive and transmit information across the membrane are known as ________ proteins.
12) The area surrounding cells outside the plasma membrane is referred to as the ________ environment.
13) The primary function of the ________ is to achieve a balance in ion and osmotic concentrations on both sides of the plasma membrane.
14) If a cell has a higher concentration of solutes than its surrounding environment, its tonicity is ________ in relation to the extracellular environment.
15) Molecules pass in and out of the nucleus through openings in the nuclear membrane called ________.
16) The RNA and proteins required for the production of the ribosomes of a cell are produced within the ________.
17) The ________ is surrounded by an outer membrane, which encloses an inner membrane that is highly folded and contains its own DNA.
18) Alcohol is detoxified in organelles called ________.
19) Microtubules and microfilaments compose the ________, which forms an internal network of support for the cell.
20) ________ are long slender structures that enable a cell, such as a sperm, to swim.