11) Malaysia lies both the mainland and in the islands : 2039778
11) Malaysia lies both on the mainland and in the islands of Southeast Asia.
12) The Khorat Plateau of Southeast Asia contains poor soils and is home to many impoverished people.
13) In Southeast Asia, temperatures are high year-round throughout the region, and rainfall is generally plentiful, but varies from place to place.
14) Island Southeast Asia lies in the tropics.
15) Singapore has a birthrate so low (below replacement level) that its population may soon begin to decline.
16) Indonesia is the world's most populous Muslim country and also has the largest population in Southeast Asia.
17) East Timor has Southeast Asia's highest total fertility rate.
18) The approximate population of Southeast Asia is 570 million.
19) The population in Vietnam is concentrated in the deltas of the Mekong and Red Rivers.
20) In mainland Southeast Asia, population is concentrated in the mountains.