11) Iodine naturally found in many foods and beverages.
12) There : 1415631
11) Iodine is naturally found in many foods and beverages.
12) There are no known side effects associated with consuming large amounts of vitamin K from supplements or food.
13) Vitamin C impairs the absorption of iron.
14) The human body typically absorbs less than 20% of the iron consumed in the diet.
15) High zinc intakes can inhibit the absorption of copper.
16) Vitamin K deficiency is associated with an overgrowth of intestinal bacteria.
17) Men are at a greater risk for iron deficiency than women.
18) Individuals suffering from a zinc deficiency should include more whole and enriched grains in their diets.
19) Adequate folate consumption is the most critical during the last trimester of pregnancy.
20) Diets rich in vitamin B6, folate and vitamin B12 are associated with reduced blood levels of the amino acid homocysteine.