11) If a red blood cell, or any other type : 1402890
11) If a red blood cell, or any other type of human cell, is placed in a hypertonic solution, water enters the cell, causing it to swell and eventually burst.
12) Smooth endoplasmic reticulum has ribosomes on its surface, and is therefore the site of protein synthesis.
13) Lysosomes contain enzymes that are so destructive that, if the enzymes were released from these organelles, they would damage or kill the cell that contains them.
14) The major organelle involved in the detoxification of alcohol is the peroxisome.
15) Diet and exercise reduce the number of fat cells as well as the amount of fat stored in each cell.
16) The role of cilia on cells is to anchor cells by attaching them to other cells.
17) Glycolysis can occur in the presence or absence of oxygen.
18) During the citric acid cycle, acetyl CoA is oxidized completely.
19) Most of the ATP produced during cell respiration is produced during the citric acid cycle.