11. Functional assessments can be:
C.Both A and B.
12. Functional transition assessments:
A.Focus on readiness skills.
B.Are used to assess specific functions in specific environments.
C.Focus on the personality process in learning.
D.Assess performance progress for grade promotion.
13. As discussed in the text, the term formal assessment is generally used in conjunction with:
E.None of the above.
14. It is important to assess students with disabilities in the area of independent living to determine
Aif the child with a disability has sufficient survival skills to live safely and happily.
B.if the child with a disability has sufficient survival skills to raise a family safely and happily.
C.how well the child with a disability will perform in a work environment.
D.how well the child with a disability will perform in a work environment as well as raising a family.
15. What requirement(s) did IDEA 2004 change or add?
AChanged “outcome-oriented” to “result-oriented.
B.Required goals for education and employment as well as for independent living as needed.
C.Assess the students ‘strengths’ along with preferences, interests and needs (SPINs).
D.All of the above.
16. Which is not a major purpose of assessments and their transition implications:
ATo help determine the planning process.
B.To help determine placement and eligibility.
C.To help prepare the student take future tests.
D.To help with implementing instruction and intervention.
17. What does TPI stand for:
ATypical Parental Interest
B.Transition Planning Inventory
C.Transitioning Postschool Intervention
D.Training, Practice & Intervention plan
18. Which domain is not required by IDEA:
D.Education and training
19. Academic assessment for transition purposes focus specifically on academic skills that will provide the foundation needed or success in all except:
20. Which assessments are used for transition planning
APortfolios and Curriculum-Based Assessments
B.Task Analysis and Behavioral Assessment
C.Surveys and Interviews
D.All of the above
21. Fill in the blank with the correct answer. Situational Assessments are used to ________ a student’s general work behavior and adaptation in a specific work or community setting.
D.observe, record and interpret
22. The importance of personal-social areas for transition is highly dependent on
B.all persons involved in the transition planning.
C.the students friends and family.
D.preferences of the student.
23. Which assessment type is designed to determine a person’s relative standing in a group for a general trait or characteristic?
C.Surveys and Interviews