11) Consuming high glycemic foods immediately after exercising can enhance : 1415652
11) Consuming high glycemic foods immediately after exercising can enhance glycogen storage.
12) Carbohydrate loading is effective for most athletes and poses no disadvantages.
13) The longer the fatty acid chain, the more ATP can be generated from breakdown.
14) Glycolysis can be sustained only for a brief period of time (less than 3 minutes).
15) Amino acids are the primary fuel source utilized in both anaerobic and aerobic exercise.
16) The best way to stimulate growth of skeletal muscle is to eat a high-protein diet.
17) To stay healthy, athletes should consume less than 15% of their kcals from fat.
18) Muscle tissue contains enough creatine phosphate (CP) to sustain physical activity for up to 10-15 minutes.
19) Most athletes consume sufficient dietary protein to support their physical activity.
20) Thirst is a relatively poor indicator of dehydration.
21) The best way to treat sports anemia is with iron supplements.
22) Athletes should not take iron supplements unless prescribed by a health care professional.
23) Studies demonstrate that supplements of androstenedione and dehydroepiandrosterone are effective in raising testosterone concentrations in the body.
24) Creatine use is permitted by collegiate and professional sports organizations.