Question : 11. A community health nurse arrives at a family's home : 2134881
11. A community health nurse arrives at a family's home. Which of the following behaviors by the nurse would be nontherapeutic?
A) Maintaining eye contact with the family members
B) Continuously paging through paperwork for information
C) Sitting on the furniture near the family members
D) Placing car keys in the nurse's carry-all bag
12. Which of the following would be most appropriate for the community health nurse to do first when planning an initial home visit to a family?
A) Obtain the basic supplies that will be needed
B) Gather appropriate educational materials
C) Contact the family via telephone
D) Review the referral information
13. When assessing a family, which of the following would lead the nurse to question the health of a family?
A) Role relationships are inflexible.
B) Coping is actively attempted.
C) Family members communicate regularly.
D) Living conditions are safe.
14. When working with families, which of the following would be most important for the community health nurse to do first?
A) Adapt interventions to the family's stage of development.
B) Begin at the family's level of functioning.
C) Recognize the variations in family structures.
D) Focus on the individual members of the family.
15. A community health nurse is attempting to empower a family to become independent. Which of the following would be most appropriate?
A) Focus attention on the problem areas.
B) Do for the family what they cannot.
C) Emphasize the family's strengths.
D) Reinforce positive traits.