11) __________ impressive to see a grizzly bear in the : 2007958
11) __________ impressive to see a grizzly bear in the wild.
12) Students in the summer art class were involved enough in __________ work to skip lunch to complete a project.
13) In a fit of anger after an argument, I __________ out all of my friend's letters and pictures.
B) had thrown
14) He found it hard to __________ that nothing was left after the fire __________ the ashes of all his possessions.
A) accept, except
B) except, except
C) accept, accept
D) except, accept
15) The ambulance responded to an accident at the construction __________.
16) The limping grizzly bear evidently had hurt __________ paw.
17) I would vote for that candidate again __________ of his extramarital affairs.
Page Ref: LBH 6/C/e, Glossary of usage, pp. 841ff18) I have decided to stand by my __________ and vote for the Libertarian presidential candidate this year.
19) While out on Halloween, he soaped four __________.
A) peoples' cars
B) people's cars'
C) people's cars
D) peoples car's
20) In a department full of rigid thinkers, changes that __________ everyone are always difficult to __________.
A) affect, affect
B) affect, effect
C) effect, effect
D) effect, affect