101) Which factor would cause a movement along the demand
101) Which factor would cause a movement along the demand curve for pizza?
A) an increase in the number of students in town
B) a renewed preference for Italian food
C) a drop in the price of pizza
D) an increase in average income
102) Which of the following will cause the demand curve for cable TV services to shift to the left?
A) a rise in the price of cable TV services
B) a decrease in average incomes of cable TV subscribers
C) an increase in population
D) the creation of several hit TV series
103) Which of the following will cause the demand curve for beer to shift right?
A) a fall in the price of beer
B) a fall in average incomes of beer consumers
C) a decline in population
D) a successful advertising campaign linking beer consumption to lower cholesterol
104) Which of the following products are likely to be complementary goods?
A) Coke and Pepsi
B) portable MP3 players and batteries
C) HD-DVDs and Blu-Ray DVDs
D) Domino's pizza and Papa John's pizza
105) If a decrease in the price of good A causes a decrease in demand for good B, the two goods are
106) Which one of the following would cause a rightward shift in the demand curve of digital cameras?
A) Digital cameras become easier to use.
B) The price of digital cameras decreases.
C) Production methods are modified to make production of digital cameras more efficient.
D) Government regulations are imposed to limit the number of digital cameras imported.
107) The Chunnel auto tunnel allows motorists to travel between England and France. As an alternative, there is ferry service across the English Channel. What would happen in the market for ferry service if fees for using the Chunnel were increased?
A) The demand for ferry service would increase.
B) The demand for ferry service would decrease.
C) There would be an upward movement along the demand curve for transits through the Chunnel.
D) There would be a downward movement along the demand curve for transits through the Chunnel.
108) Which one of the following would cause an increase in the demand for hotel rooms in Hawaii?
A) an increase in airfares to Hawaii
B) a decrease in airfares to Hawaii
C) an upward movement along the demand curve for stays in Hawaiian hotel rooms
D) a downward movement along the demand curve for stays in Hawaiian hotel rooms
109) What would happen in the market for prescription drugs if people begin to view over-the-counter remedies as a good substitute for prescription medications?
A) Prescription medications will become an inferior good.
B) There is an upward movement along the demand curve for prescription medications.
C) There is a downward movement along the demand curve for prescription medications.
D) The demand for prescription medications will decrease.
110) Which of the following is a non-price determinant of demand?
B) tastes and preferences
C) prices of related goods and services
D) All of the above are correct.