101. Tranquilizers and alcohol belong to a drug category known : 1411892
101. Tranquilizers and alcohol belong to a drug category known as:
102. Jerry, who is a fairly conservative person, stopped at a bar on the way home from work to have a couple of drinks with his friends. On the way home, he suddenly pulls into a retail store and buys a new 60 inch wide screen TV. Which of the following is the most likely explanation for his behavior?
A. The alcohol in the drinks resulted in him experiencing REM sleep.
B. The alcohol in the drinks reduced his inhibitions and impulse control.
C. The alcohol in the drinks stimulated the brain centers associated with pleasure.
D. The alcohol in the drinks caused him to hallucinate.
103. Stimulants are psychoactive drugs that:
A. slow down inhibition and judgment.
B. modify a person’s perceptual experiences and produce visual images that are not real.
C. slow down mental and physical activity.
D. increase the central nervous system’s activity.
104. Which of the following is a barbiturate?
A. decreases central nervous system activity.
B. enhances decision making.
C. improves memory retention.
D. can cure somnambulism and somniloquy.
106. Valium and Xanax are:
107. Morphine and heroin are derivatives of:
108. Opiate drugs affect synapses in the brain that use _____ as their neurotransmitter.
A. decrease the risk of exposure to HIV.
B. aggravate body pain.
C. depress the central nervous system’s activity.
D. decrease a person’s appetite for food and sex.
110. Barbiturates and opiates are _____ drugs.