101. Erik Erikson suggested that middle adulthood encompasses a period he characterized as ________________ ,where a person is, or is not, making a contribution to family and community.
b)life events models
102. When middle-aged people focus on work that is directed toward others rather than themselves, Erik Erikson called this
a)life events models.
103. According to Erikson, if a middle-aged person is focused on the triviality of his/her own activities and not on being involved with family and society, he/she is likely to experience
a)loneliness and isolation.
b)frustration and boredom.
c)satisfaction and inner-peace.
d)reinvestment in their current career focus.
104. Which of the following developmental psychologists believed that between the ages of 45 and 55 is important regarding “keeping the meaning” versus rigidity?
105. According to Vaillant, what does “keeping the meaning” mean?
a)Adults seek to extract the meaning from their lives and accept the strengths and weaknesses of others.
b)Adults seek to distinguish truths from non-truths in their lives.
c)Adults seek to maintain the history of their family as legacy for their offspring.
d)Adults seek to make significant changes in their world before they become too old to make a difference.
106. Which of the following psychologists agrees that adults move through a series of stages and potential crises, but believes they also pass through seven stages associated with specific age periods?
107. According to Gould’s stages of development, which stage is associated with the period of urgency to attain life’s goals, the awareness of time limitations, and the realignment of life’s goals?
108. Which of the following psychologists developed the “seasons of life” theory, where men in their early 40s are in a period of transition and crisis?
109. According to Levinson, people around the age of 40-45 move into a period/time of questioning called ________ and focus on the finite nature of life where they begin to question everyday fundamental assumptions.
110. According to Levinson, the period of assessment that middle-aged people 40-45 go through may lead to a stage of uncertainty and indecision brought about by the realization that life is finite is called