101) Direct marketing includes catalogs, direct-response TV, kiosks, the Internet, : 1408443
101) Direct marketing includes catalogs, direct-response TV, kiosks, the Internet, and mobile marketing.
102) As mass markets have fragmented, marketers have shifted away from mass marketing.
103) New communications technologies such as cell phones and the Internet give companies new media for interacting with targeted consumers, but these new technologies also give consumers more control over the advertising messages they receive.
104) Mass marketers can expect consumers to distinguish between commercial message sources to maintain a clear image of a company and its brands.
105) The integrated marketing concept ties together all of the company's messages and images.
106) Integrated marketing communications calls for recognizing all touchpoints where the customer may encounter the company and its brands.
107) A marketing communications director has overall responsibility for the company's communications efforts.
108) The communications process should start with mass media advertising in order to reach a large number of consumers.
109) The four major communication functions are encoding, decoding, response, and noise.
110) Encoding is the process by which the receiver assigns meaning to symbols.