1. ________________Work teams are permanent small groups of people with complementary skills who handle the ongoing, day-to-day operations of the organization.
2. ________________Cross-functional teams are temporarily assembled to solve specific problems and then disbanded.
3. ________________Team members hold themselves mutually accountable to achieve common performance goals.
4. ________________A cross-functional team blends people from different areas of the organization to solve a problem or take advantage of a new business opportunity.
5. ________________Cross-functional teams generally work on specific problems or projects but may also be permanent work team arrangements.
6. ________________Virtual teams are conceptual ideas about how potential teams that are not yet created should be organized.
a.typically have between 5 and 12 members.
b. generally have 30 or more members.
c.are more innovative if everyone has a common background.
d. work best if team member roles are ambiguous.
2.Effective teams require their members to fill all of the following roles, EXCEPT:
a.task specialist roles.c. dual roles.
b.socio-emotional roles.d. non-participative roles.
a.allow a broader perspective in finding creative solutions.
b.are more innovative than homogeneous teams.
c.all of these answers are correct.
d.represents the differences in ability, experience, personality, or any other factor on a team.
a.empowers employees while ensuring controls through mutual responsibility and accountability.
b.has no bearing on employee empowerment.
c.works best when there is a high degree of team conflict.
d.works best when there is a low degree of team diversity.
1.There are five stages of group development. Name and discuss each stage.