1) With information silos, the data needed by one process : 1869664
1) With information silos, the data needed by one process are stored in an information system designed and used in another process.
2) Information silos create islands of automation that increase the efficiency and effectiveness of processes and make process integration easy.
3) ERP and EAI systems are referred to as enterprise systems.
4) An EAI system tackles the problem of information silos by providing layers of software that connect information systems together.
5) An EAI system uses a centralized database.
6) An EAI system appears as an integrated database to the user.
7) The major benefit of an EAI system is that it enables organizations to use existing applications.
8) Converting to an EAI system is more disruptive than converting to ERP.
9) An ERP product is a suite of software, a database, procedures and a set of processes for supporting business operations with a single, consistent, information system.
10) ERP is so named because it attempts to integrate all the resources of an enterprise into a single information system.