Question : 1) Which statement is not true about cancer : 2134329
1) Which statement is not true about cancer?
A. Cancer results from the accumulation of many genetic changes.
B. Gene mutations that increase the risk for developing cancer are always inherited.
C. Cancer cells grow in an uncontrolled and invasive way.
D. Cancer cells are immortal.
2) The process by which cancer cells travel from the tissue of origin to other parts of the body is called
3) Can surgery successfully cure a patient of a cancer that has metastasized?
A. No; all the body cells of the patient are dividing uncontrollably.
B. Yes; surgery could remove all the patient’s cells with defective cell-cycle regulation.
C. No; cancer cells are no longer localized in one spot in the patient.
D. Yes; if the patient’s tumor is benign.
4) Cancer is a multi-step disease that requires
A. at least four to eight genetic changes over the course of years
B. mutation of the cancer gene
C. at least 20 genetic changes over the course of years
D. at least four to eight genetic changes over the course of days
5) Chemical agents that cause cancer are known as
C. tumor suppressors