1. Which of the following stages immediately follows childhood and : 1997987
1. Which of the following stages immediately follows childhood and precedes adulthood?
2. One aspect of the transformation from childhood to adolescence involves a period of very rapid growth in height and weight called
3. Girls begin their growth spurt around age ____, while boys begin their growth spurt around age
4. Which of the following terms describes the period in which the sexual organs mature?
5. Which gland in the body signals the brain and other glands in children’s bodies to begin producing sex hormones?
6. Male sex hormones are called __________, while female sex hormones are called _________.
7. The _____ gland signals the body to increase production of growth hormones that interact with the sex hormones to cause the growth spurt and puberty.
8. What is the term for the onset of menstruation?
9. What is the most obvious sign of puberty in girls?
a)increase in height
b)onset of menstruation
c)increase in weight
10. According to research, all of the following are factors with regard to the age of menarche in girls EXCEPT
a)economic status of the country in which the girl lives and the affluence of the group the girl is part of.
b)environmental stress and high levels of family conflict.
c)proportion of fat to muscle in the girl’s body.