1) When new products show a steady increase in sales, : 2065998
1) When new products show a steady increase in sales, a low alpha value for the smoothing constant should be used in conjunction with the exponential smoothing technique in order to minimize forecast errors.
2) The double smoothing technique adds twice the forecast error to last period's actual demand to arrive at a forecast.
3) The naive approach to forecasting makes use of the linear regression technique.
4) A moving average forecast is more responsive to changes in the historical demand when a higher value of n is used—i.e., when more demand periods are used in computing the forecast.
5) An advantage of the weighted moving average technique is that recent demand periods can be given more importance than older demand periods.
5 (1 Ratings )
SolvedSupply Chain Management 2 Years Ago 516 Views