1. (p. 20) Which of the following lists the levels : 1777291
1. (p. 20) Which of the following lists the levels of organization of the human body in the correct order?
A. chemical level, organelle level, cellular level, tissue level, organ level, systems level, organism level
B. chemical level, tissue level, organ level, systems level, organelle level, cellular level, organism level
C. organelle level, chemical level, cellular level, tissue level, organ level, systems level, organism level
D. chemical level, organelle level, cellular level, tissue level, organism level, organ level, systems level
2. (p. 20) The organelle level of organization includes which of the following concepts?
A. The study of organ systems working together to create organisms
B. The study of body structures and organs
C. The study of atoms and how they form bonds
D. The study of cellular organelles and how they work together in a living cell
3. (p. 20) All of the following are a level of organization in the human body except which one?
4. (p. 21) What is matter?
A. Anything that takes up space
B. Anything that has mass
C. Anything that takes up space and has mass
D. Everything is composed of matter.
5. (p. 21) All of the following items are composed of matter except which one?
A. All of the answer choices have matter.
B. The air we breathe
C. The steam formed from boiling water
D. The fumes emitted from a vehicle
6. (p. 23) Which forms of an element can be used as a diagnostic tool?
C. Atomic isotopes
7. (p. 21-22) Which of the following is found orbiting the atom?
8. (p. 21) Which of the following correctly describes the atomic number?
A. The combined number of protons and neutrons
B. The number of protons
C. The number of electrons
D. The combined number of protons and electrons
9. (p. 23) Which of the following types of bonding is characterized by two or more atoms sharing electrons to fill their outer shells?
A. Ionic bond
B. Covalent bond
C. Charged bond
D. Hydrogen bond
10. (p. 25) All of the following statements describe functions of water except which one?
A. Water chemically bonds molecules to form electrolytes.
B. Water works as a lubricant in tears and the fluid of joints.
C. Water aids in chemical reactions as in saliva during digestion.
D. Water is used to transport nutrients and wastes in blood plasma.