1. Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA) checks one or more Windows machines to see if they have basic security in place.
2. Nessus is the premiere network vulnerability scanner.
3. Experience is the most important factor when looking for a security professional.
4. CNE, MCITP, CISSP, and CCNA are examples of industry certifications.
5. Every open port on a router is a possible avenue of entry for a malware or intruder.
6. For individual computers not running firewall software, you should directly close ports.
7. Windows has port-filtering capability, but Linux does not.
8. There should be a firewall between your network and the outside world.
9. A good password should contain letters and numbers.
10. A good rule of thumb for a password history policy is a history depth of five.