1. In 2011, the U.S. Supreme Court in Brown v. : 2132672
1. In 2011, the U.S. Supreme Court in Brown v. Entertainment Merchants Association
A. upheld a law that allowed the censorship of sexually explicit movies.
B. struck down a law that allowed the censorship of sexually explicit movies.
C. upheld a law that restricted minors' access to violent video games.
D. struck down a law that restricted minors' access to violent video games.
2. Laws limiting minors' access to video games depicting violent images are subject to the standard of judicial review known as
A. intermediate scrutiny.
B. reasonable review.
C. strict scrutiny.
D. rigorous review.
3. A primary goal of free speech in Meiklejohnian theory is
B. the voting of wise decisions.
C. protecting artistic expression.
D. discovery of the truth.
4. The Gitlow ruling is important because
A. it barred future sedition cases.
B. it applied the First Amendment protections to actions by state and local government entities.
C. it freed a group of radicals who had been improperly convicted.
D. it broadly defined freedom of expression.
5. According to the textbook, a great "historical myth" regarding the First Amendment is that
A. it only protects political speech.
B. John Peter Zenger was the individual who drafted it.
C. it is first because it is the most important right.
D. George Washington was the individual who drafted it.