1) Hardware electronic equipment that includes computers, monitors, printers, and
1) Hardware is electronic equipment that includes computers, monitors, printers, and the network that connects them.
2) Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems are software systems that can integrate all of a company's functions, departments, and data into a single system.
3) One of the main disadvantages of a typical ERP system is that it cannot be offered through cloud computing.
4) In cloud computing, the software and data are stored on the company's server instead of a third-party server.
5) In a computerized accounting information system, the business does not have to record the transaction in debit and credit format.
6) In a networked system, the server stores the program and the data.
7) What are the two basic components of a computerized accounting information system?
A) sales journal and purchase journal
B) hardware and software
C) cash payment journal and cash receipt journal
D) network and cloud computing
8) Which of the following is true of a network?
A) It connects a computer's hardware to the software.
B) It does not link computers.
C) It is the same as software.
D) It allows different computers to share the same information.
9) A set of programs or instructions that drive the computer to perform the work desired is known as ________.
A) a network
B) the hardware
C) the software
D) a router
10) Which of the following is true of an accounting software system?
A) It is categorized as hardware electronic equipment.
B) It cannot save any transaction data.
C) It can read, edit, and store transaction data.
D) It cannot be customized for different types of businesses.